- SYSTEM CONTROLLER with a 7″ color touch screen and stylus for entering message data and system configuration. Standard features built in to the controller are:
- Ability to control up to 8 printhead modules, 4 on each side of the production line.
- Message Area of 2″ high by 24″ in length. The 2″ height is accomplished through the useof 4 stitched printhead modules.
- Print Resolution of 300dpi at productions speeds of up to 200 feet per minute.
- Message Storage of 325 messages in the controller.
- 4 built in font styles*: Arial, Swiss, Tahoma and Outline
- 6 built in character heights*: 3/32″ (2.4mm), 1/8″ (3.2mm), 7/32″ (5.5mm), ½” (12.7mm), 5/8″ (15.9mm) and 1″ (25.4mm).* alternate font styles and character heights purchased separately.
- Message area of 1/2″ (12.7mm) with one printhead, 1″ (25.4mm) with two printheads, 1.5″ (38.1mm) with 3 printheads and 2″ (50.8mm) with 4 printheads in a length of 24 inches.
- Ability to store up to 6 logos. Logos must be in 2 bit bitmap black and white format.
- Twelve built in barcode symbologies** with programmable barcode’s properties:
| CODE 39||Interleaved 2 of 5||128 B||128 C||GS1 B||GS1 C|
|UPC A||UPC E||EAN 8||EAN 13||ITF 14|
- Ability to print up to 3 different barcode symbologies in the same message.
- Read/Write ability to Data Flash Card for Message storage backup, download of logos, optional fonts and system upgrades.
- One USB port and RS232 port (for system expansion).
- One RS 485 port for network communications, OEM’s and system integrators support .
- Embedded EVOLUTION III Communications Protocol for OEM’s and SYSTEMS INTEGRATORS.
- Standard software includes programmable: line speed, print direction, print delay, inter-character spacing, message orientation, automatic message repeat, shift coding lot counter /sequential numbering, date offset , product counter, variable time and date formats, password protection and multiple language prompts in English and Spanish.
- MOUNTING BRACKETERY for side coding applications.
- POWER SUPPLY for up to 4 printhead modules on one side of production line. 110-240 VAC,50-60Hz, 1.7A.
- Add-On Printheads can be used when additional lines of text or product information need to be printed onto one or both sides of the carton.
- An Add-On Printhead can also be used when the application requires an alpha/numerical character of 5/8″ or 1″ in height. Or, 3-4 Add-On Printheads can be used when printing two lines of 5/8″ or 1″ high characters or logos and barcodes of up to 2″ in height.
- Up to four Add-On Printheads can be mounted onto a single mounting bracket.
- A 7 inch communication cable is included with each Add-On-Printhead module.
- The 7 inch communication cable is inserted into the appropriate port on the printhead to allow communication with the controller.
- When the application requires printing on the opposite side of the carton, the appropriate number of Add-On Printheads must be ordered individually.
- A mounting bracket, 10 foot communication cable, power supply and power cord must also be ordered for the opposite side of the production line.
Optional Software available for the EVOLUTION III printer can be ordered with the original system or field upgraded via a flash card through the built-in flash card reader in the controller.
- ALTERNATIVE FONTS: Font styles and character heights different than those supplied as standard with the EVOLUTION III may be ordered and will be supplied on a Data Flash Card.
- LOGOS: Company logos or graphics may be ordered and will be supplied on a Data Flash Card. Logos/graphics should be supplied to Digital Design in a 2 bit Black and White bitmap format.
- BARCODES: Additional barcode symbologies may be ordered and will be supplied on a Data Flash Card.
- EVOLUTION III logo download package allows for logos/graphics to be downloaded by the end user from a PC to the controller or to a Data Flash Card.
- EVOLUTION-NET: software for total control of an EVOLUTION printer network from a PC. (Availability late 2011).