Vertrod drop sealers are built for the most demanding requirements to decrease overall packaging time. This model is often used in conjunction with a bag opener to speed up the bag loading process. The filled bag is fed through the sealing jaws to an angled out-feed table where the bottom of the bag is supported. A photocell detects when the product is in position, activating the air expeller assembly to compress and force air out of the package. An adjustable timer allows for delaying the jaw closure, independent of the air expeller, to insure maximum compression and evacuation of air prior to initiating the sealing cycle. Once the sealing cycle has ended, the support fingers retract, allowing the sealed bag to slide from the out-feed table. Simultaneously, the jaws open allowing the next filled bag to be fed. The DSL is adjustable for manual cycling by use of foot pedal or optional palm button.
The Vertrod DSL drop sealer is available in four seal lengths ranging from 14” to 30” with a variety of options for flat seals, trim seals, or a combination of both. Contact us for more information and details on custom applications.
The Vertrod DSL heavy-duty drop sealer is made in the USA and includes a 3 year limited warranty.
- Seal Length: 14”, 20”, 24” or 30”
- Seal Width: 1/4”
- Single side heater bar with opposing pressure bar (bottom jaw heated)
- Time-based thermal impulse sealing system
- Independent Seal and Cool timers from 0 to 3.75 seconds (.25 second increments)
- Direct drive jaw motion for increased sealing pressure
- Jaw motion delay timer for precise activation after full compression / air evacuation
- Adjustable bag support/release fingers to accommodate various package lengths
- Outfeed table is height and angle adjustable.
- Heavy-duty welded steel frame
- Lower cylinder structure to allow for 7” jaw opening and product clearance.
- Pneumatic low-pressure jaw close safety system with release if obstruction is detected.
- Photo eye cycle activation in automatic mode and foot pedal activation in manual mode
- Air requirement (min): 100 psi
- Electrical requirement: 115V
- Air Expeller assembly for compression of product and evacuation of air
- Wider seal widths: 3/8”, 1/2”
- Dual Seals (parallel): 2 x 1/8”, 2 x 1/4”
- Dual Sealing Jaws (parallel)
- Bi-active jaws (top and bottom heated bars)
- Hot Wire Trim (beaded trim seal)
- Cold Cut Wire Trim
- Water Cool ready heater bar
- Suretemp™ temperature controller with digital readout (up to 350°F)
- High Temperature Package (350°- 650°F)
- Dual palm controls, anti tie down
- Scrap blow-off (with cold wire trim seal ONLY)
- Water re-circulating package
- Water Chiller
- Heavy-duty locking swivel casters